Sunday 13 January 2008

Australia, my home

G’Day and welcome to my blog.

I moved to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia in April 1994. I have lived here for nearly fourteen years. In the early years it was not easy adapting to life here. Born and bred in Malaysia meant I am very much a Malaysian at heart. For those who are familiar with the Malay language, it was difficult getting rid of the ‘lah’ at the end of every sentense. Further, there were not as many Asians here but in the last ten years things have changed. Now one can see Asians everywhere. Asians restaurants, grocery stores, businesses are flourishing. There are a large varieties of food and very delicious too. Melbourne is a very cosmopolitan place. There are more than 150 ethnic groups that lived here. Melbourne has the largest Greek population outside of Greece. You can find Greek restaurants all over Melbourne. Italian food is also very popular here. Melbourne is the fashion and sport capital of Australia.

Last year, I adopted Australian citizenship. I am now officially an Aussie. Last November, I voted for the first time. Over the coming weeks I hope to post more information about Australia. Do drop by my blog again soon.

Thanks for visiting. Cheers

No comments: