Sunday 3 August 2008

A scary phone call

As a parent, one of the scariest moment is when you get a call from the school nurse. It's not that school nurses are nasty or scary people. Nope, it's the news they bring that scares you. I think when I got the call, I held my breath till I heard all she had to say. On Thursay morning, as I was walking to the Lecture Hall, my phone rang. It was the school nurse. I was informed that King-Li fell while playing. He cut his leg and chip his tooth. I was at least an hour's drive away so, his dad had to take him to the dentist to get his tooth fix. Though I had imagined blood dripping everywhere, and he was hysterical and in a lot of pain, King-Li later told me that he didnt even cry and that he was ok. What a brave little boy! Scared the life out of me though.

Thank you God for keeping my boy safe.

1 comment:

The Seasonal One said...

My. That must have been awfully scary. Thanks God he is OK.

Part and parcel of growing up, eh?