Tuesday 1 April 2008

Life and death

As mentioned earlier, I drove to Phillip Island on Friday to be with my boys. It was a gloomy day and it rained on and off. As I was not driving my usual Tarago but the Merc, I chose to travel at a slower speed than usual and to take my time and not rush. The traffic was reasonable and roads not that busy. At a roundabout I was to make a 3 o'clock turn towards Phillip Island. Half way, without any warning, my car spin 180%. It was so sudden. I was stunned at what happened. Thank God there were no cars at a close distant. Because I was driving slow and paying attention I did not lose control and the car did not spin out of control. A young man stopped to see if I was ok. He was at the roundabout when it happened and he witnessed the entire incident. He said it happened so fast he was stunned too. According to him the road was probably greasy and when it rained, it got slippery. I am just grateful that I 'escaped' unhurt and unscathed. I realized that life and death is separated by a very thin line. In one quick moment life could have been taken from me. I am grateful for another day.

1 comment:

The Seasonal One said...

Thank God you are OK, Sis. Sometimes we don't realise how fragile life can be...