Sunday 6 April 2008

3L Live Learn Love

When things are going well it's easy to live. It's only when you are down in the dumps and your whole world seems to crash down on you that you wonder how you can go on living. I have often heard about people suffering from depression and couldnt even get out of bed but I could never understand how that is possible. Well guess what? I had a small taste of that recently and wished I could crawl in a hole and hibernate for a while. Unfortunately I couldnt find a hole my sons didnt know about (haha) so couldnt hide. Oh well!

So, I guess my solution was to hide/escape by listening to music. Yes, music is food to my soul and spirit. Should have thought about that earlier. Darn!

What else did I do? I wrote reminders & notes to myself, sit in the morning sun to get my daily dose of Vitamin D - I find sunshine has an uplifting effect and did some pruning and raking in the garden.

What else can I do? hmmm not sure. Actually there are lots I can do but they are not options for now. On the other hand, I'm thinking about getting a punching bag. I heard it's good therapy :)

I realize that in life I didnt really have a plan to cope with down times. Now is a good time to plan for that.

1 comment:

The Seasonal One said...

I hope you are feeling better sis. Yes. I have my downtimes too.