Friday 30 January 2009

Heatwave


This has been a very very hot week. I usually cope reasonably well with heat having grown up in the tropics. However, the last two nights have been nearly unbearable. Monday was ok when it cooled down early in the evening. On Tuesday the temperature went up to 43C and at night it did not go down below 29C. Yes, it was hot.
Yesterday (Wednesday), I didnt cope as well. Having to run around running errands meant I had to go in and out of the heat..it was unbearable. I was feeling a bit unwell towards evening and had to lie down. Thank God we were invited to a friend's pool to cool down. I jumped in almost immediately and stayed in for a long time. It felt so good.
Today (Friday) it will be very hot again. Tonight we will be going over to a friend's house to celebrate Chinese New Year and the good news is he has airconditioning system in his house.
Keep cool and keep hydrated. Stay out of the heat.
To those in the Northern Hemisphere who are experiencing severe snow storm, I'm sorry I can't sympathise with you though I can understand how tough it can be. Stay warm and stay well.

No comments: